Sunday, April 14, 2013

Burying Their Swords - E-mail April 1








Dear Family, 
  How are you? This week has been amazing and I am so grateful for the things that I have experienced. Kristy was baptized on Saturday and it was beautiful. She is amazing. I hope you get to meet her someday. Me and Hermana Kidd sang "I know that my Redeemer Lives." It was a cool arrangement. And the words meant more than ever before! 
   We had a really good Easter. I honestly can't think of any better way to spend Easter than to be a missionary and to see people come unto Christ. Lupe hosted an Easter Egg Hunt at her house Saturday morning and invited a lot of women in the branch who probably wouldn't have the opportunity to go to a nice easter egg hunt otherwise and the woman went all out. It was epic. Cindy and Jacqueline both came and LOVED it. 
We have started doing new member lessons with Maria Zamora, Jacqueline's daughter. She is a young woman that Elder Hundley and Elder Davis baptized back in January. She has changed so much since I got here but Hermana Kidd and I recently started teaching her because her mom asked if we could teach her to talk about some things she might not be comfortable talking with the elders about (modesty for example). We started meeting with her and in our second lesson we decided to talk about For The Strength of Youth. We talked about agency, dating and dress and appearance. She told us her whole conversion story and then next thing we knew she took out a piercing she had above her lip that the elders have tried and tried to get her to take out. She then flushed it down the toilet. It wasn't anything we did but the time was right. It was so cool because I kept thinking that this was her "burying her sword" and following the prophet. We also were able to get her to come to the General Young Women's meeting which was incredible. She said afterward that she just felt so happy the whole time. Sister Dalton quoted President Hinckley in the meeting who said "When you save a girl, you save generations." I know that is so true and I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with this incredible young woman.

   Speaking of the General Young Women's meetings...that was one of the coolest meetings I have ever been too. Maybe it was just because I feel a bit spiritually starved going to church in spanish every Sunday but I loved that meeting so much. I am so excited for general conference! I love you all! Sorry this is short! 
-Hermana Jones
Picture #1- We went on a hike this morning with the Mercados, Gutierrez and Vasquez. It was a blast! Beautiful day! 
Picture #2, #3 and #4- Kristy's baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment